Friday 20 February 2015

Granny Star Blanket - Love it!


Hello you all!

Thanks for all your lovely comments on our last blog posts! It's always a joy to read them!

I am starting to feel better but the exhausting of the cold is still there. But I finally have the feeling I am getting my life back on track. Phew. About time as we are already in the middle of February!


I also got my cro-jo back. In January I mostly worked on the blue ripple blanket and I really missed the colours. After I finished the poncho last week, I longed for more granny stitch magic and for colours... As I have several pregnant friends, I decided to make a baby blanket.

The pattern is the Granny Star Blanket from Lulu Loves Crochet. The pattern is really easy to follow and it felt sooo good to use the granny stitch again. It's very relaxing and comforting at the same time. It's so good in fact that I am currently on the 2nd blanket. Same colours just in reverse direction. 


The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK and I used 7 colours. So far it looks like I can finish two baby blankets with 7 balls of 100 gram DK yarn. Pretty good in my opinion.

What are you working on at the moment?

I wish you a wonderful weekend with lots of time with your loved ones and of course crochet or any craft of your addiction!


12 comments :

  1. Wonderful blanket, fantastic, well done!!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  2. I love this, thanks for the pattern! : )
    I'm currently knitting a baby cardigan for a friend, and my hooks are busy with a couple of shawls for me...
    Wish you a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is really easy to follow and works up quick! I finished my second blanket with that pattern yesterday!
      Looking forward to see the cardigan!

      Delete
  3. What an unusual pattern! I've never seen a granny star before - it's lovely :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the pattern last week and just had to try it! I think it will look beautiful as stroller blankets!

      Delete
    2. I hadn't seen granny stars like this before either but I love the rainbow colours.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The color choice was pure chance btw... I just grabbed balls of yarn out of the bag. :D

      Delete
  5. Great job! Glad that you are getting back into it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, just wanted to let you know that you win my giveaway :) can you email me your postal address please so I can you your prize!
    Jillatjill-Davidsondotcom
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Anne, was für eine schöne Babydecke! Aber ich kenne leider im Moment keine Schwangeren, nur "In-Scheidung-Lebende" und denen schenkt man nichts. Sollte ich vielleicht einführen, dann wüsste ich gar nicht, woher all die Geschenke kommen sollten:-). Auch ich erhole mich gerade von der Grippe, ich hatte 5 Tage Fieber und konnte noch nicht einmal dei Häkelnadel halten. Jetzt geht es langsam aufwärts. Dir auch weiter alles Gute, Viola

    ReplyDelete