Tuesday 23 February 2016

Ta-dah! Plod the Triceratops!

Hi everyone!

I'm zipping through the new Heidi Bears patterns at the moment - managed to get Plod the Triceratops done over the weekend!


He is so small - he can comfortably stand on my hand. A friend on instagram dubbed him the Tricera-tot! I might need to go up a hook size for the next one, as clearly my tension is getting out of hand...


But look at that tail! So cute!! 


The only thing I would change is to make the face in the african flower pieces and the frill in the plain colour (instead of the other way around), and possibly make the horns a little wider at the base. 


But I still can't get enough of this little guy, he is just adorable :D Plod is visiting my parents in the country at the moment, both for the fresh air and his acupuncture treatment (also known as planning out a candy colour scheme for this design). 

IN OTHER NEWS...

Anne and I are working on a super secret project with a big yarn company at the moment - there will be a giveaway soon, so watch this space!! 

18 comments :

  1. Wow, look at this cutie! Can't help but love him! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! I have to try out those pattern myself, I love those little African-Flower Animals that you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! The patterns are so beautifully written and straightforward - I cannot recommend Heidi Bears enough :)

      Delete
  3. He is incredibly cute isn't he!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your secret project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that Plod is a darling! You can tell that he is a happy sort of Triceratops.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is! I almost want to embroider a little smile on his cute little face!

      Delete
  5. He's amazing! I love the colours and he is v v cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your secret project sounds very exciting! Obviously a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes and between your two worlds ;-)
    How do you do it?
    Your little triceratops is gorgeous and your crochet, as always, is exquisite with your attention to detail. Have fun with the candy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! Secret project is revealed today :D :D :D

      Delete
  7. Hi please can you tell me what weight yarn you used and what size hook. I have made a large plod but I am really struggling with the horns. have you got any tips thank you

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! I used a fine 4 ply yarn and a 1.5mm hook. The horns... I don't really have any tips, they're hard going. You could try working them in the opposite direction; that is, start with a magic circle at the tip of each horn and follow the pattern in reverse! I've done this with the unicorn horn and it worked much better.

      Delete
  8. These animals are beautiful, I just wish someone would do a tutorial on You Tube to show how to assemble them - Will it be you????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will not be me! The pattern is designed by the extremely talented HeidiBears and I have no right to make videos of anyone else’s design. Heidi does have a video tutorial of the JAYG method which might help you: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EeeNhy5jQ7Q

      Delete
  9. Hola, donde puedo conseguir el patrón del triceratops, por favor ayudaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My frill won't stay up! It keeps flopping everywhere and I have no idea how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete